808 Firecrest® Carbon Clincher Rear
Zipp’s 808 Firecrest® Carbon Clincher is pure engineering science. It has to be. To achieve speed with an 82mm rim depth is one thing, but to be fast but also high crosswind stability, well, that requires serious attention to detail. Yet that’s just what the 808 Firecrest Carbon Clincher accomplishes – speed with stability, what we call AeroBalance™ – which has made it a longtime favorite of triathletes, time trial specialists, as well as any cyclist in search of free speed. At Zipp, that search for aero efficiency is unrelenting. To that end, the latest iteration of the 808 Firecrest Carbon Clincher provides more speed, better control, and greater stopping power than its predecessor:
- More Speed: Revised rim profile for reduced aerodynamic drag developed by our advanced development team in Indianapolis, Indiana, USA.
- Greater AeroBalance™: ABLC™ Sawtooth™ Technology, a complex dimpling pattern first developed for our top-level NSW wheel lineup. This technology helps reduce high yaw drag while improving crosswind stability. This helps to achieve the optimization of low aerodynamic drag and crosswind stability, which we call AeroBalance.
- Better braking: Zipp’s ShowStopper™ textured braking surface delivers unrivalled rim braking performance in wet or dry conditions.
- Lighter Weight: The 808 Firecrest Carbon Clincher is 55 grams lighter than its previous iteration.
- Be the first to review this product