At the center of the 404 Firecrest Tubular is Zipp’s 77/177 hubset with best-in-class durability and improved bearing protection with no pre-load adjustment needed. The result is improved stiffness, durability, simplicity and versatility.
- Optimized flange geometry and spoke hole attachment pattern with Sapim® CX Sprint spokes to optimize torsional and lateral stiffness and robustness.
- Includes newly designed quick-release skewers with a wider more ergonomic handle to provide more leverage for opening and closing. When closed, lever contours neatly with the frame.
- New robust hub platform with distinctive graphics.
- For those looking for a wider gear range, or tackling especially extreme terrain, an XD driver body for 177 is sold separately and easily installed to allow for more cassette options including a 10-42. The hubset is designed to swap driver bodies without re-dishing the wheel.
Firecrest technology, with rims that maintain a near-constant width almost all the way to the spoke bed, is the first aero profile that effectively controls airflow around the back half of the wheel. Firecrest wheels offer stable, predictable handling at every wind angle by moving the center of pressure – the focal point of side forces on the rim – to its optimal location near the steering axis. A wider rim and proprietary resin system and manufacturing process increases lateral stiffness for sprinting and cornering yet offers greater vertical compliance for more control, comfort, and durability on rough surfaces.
Available in two decal options, the stealthy Matte Black or the distinctive Matte White decals. Each 404 Firecrest Tubular wheel comes with Tangente Platinum Pro brake pads, Zipp Integrated Valve Extender with valve-core wrench, and quick release.
- Be the first to review this product