404 Firecrest® Carbon Clincher Rear
If you had to choose just one wheel, the 404 Firecrest Carbon Clincher is a savvy and speedy choice. With a depth and shape proven in all conditions, it’s the all-around performer and the standard by which all other wheels are measured. Its 58mm rim depth is a classic all-around performer that has carried athletes to victory in every kind of event and situation – every triathlon distance, breakaways, field sprints and hilly finishes.
This latest iteration of the 404 Firecrest Carbon Clincher is infused with technologies developed in our Indianapolis advanced development lab. The results mean better performance out on the road: More speed, better control, and greater stopping power than its predecessor:
- More Speed: Revised rim profile for reduced aerodynamic drag developed by our advanced development team in Indianapolis, Indiana, USA.
- Greater AeroBalance™: ABLC™ Sawtooth™ Technology, a complex dimpling pattern first developed for our top-level NSW wheel lineup. This technology helps to achieve the optimization of low aerodynamic drag and crosswind stability, which we call AeroBalance.
- Better braking: Zipp’s ShowStopper™ textured braking surface delivers unrivalled rim braking performance in wet or dry conditions.
- Lighter Weight: The 404 Firecrest Carbon Clincher is 75 grams lighter than its previous iteration.
- Be the first to review this product