Speedplay X5 PedalThe Speedplay X Series' innovative design and unrestricted float changed the shape of clip-less pedals and continues to prove that user-friendliness, comfort, and improved performance are all attainable in a simple, lightweight package. The unique shape of X pedals provides knee-saving lateral rotation, without the self-centering action inherent in most pedals (your knees don't have to work against spring tension). The compact, low-profile shape of X pedals positions your foot closer to the spindle for optimal power transmission and unmatched cornering clearance. And their dual-sided design ensures easy entry and exit. X Series bicycle pedals were Speedplay's first double-sided design and earned a prestigious Designers Choice Award from ID Magazine, the premier publication in the field of industrial design.
- Easy dual-sided entry: no kicking it over, no looking down, no fumbling
- Half the weight of most other clip-less 220g
- Non-centering free float minimizes the potential for knee strain
- Unbeatable cornering clearance: 35°
- Large contact area, extremely stable cleat-to-shoe connection
- Compatible with virtually all 3-hole and 4-hole shoe mountings
- Standard step-in, turn-out entry and release
- Built-in grease port for easy bearing lubrication
- True locking mechanism—engagement security is independent of spring tension
- Needle and cartridge bearings for improved durability and easier servicing
- X-5 incorporates an earlier release angle than the race-oriented X1 and X2—just a slight heel twist to exit, so you'll have no worries about getting out when you need to
*Speedplay products are only sold in store due to manufacturer restrictions. Please visit us in Cary, Raleigh or Charlotte or contact us to speak to customer service.
- Be the first to review this product