Weight: The R Series is focused on offering the best of Cervélo's lightweight engineering. The R3 Disc delivers a sub-1,000-gram frame (size 56, with paint and hardware). With that kind of performance, the hills that used to throw you a Saturday-morning challenge will start looking a whole lot smaller.
Stiffness: The R3 Disc’s through-axles boost lateral stiffness in the disc-specific fork, while the removal of seatstay-mounted rear brakes permits a wider seatstay placement and improves bottom-bracket stiffness by 25 per cent. Then there’s the single-piece rear triangle, the result of a new manufacturing process that eliminates bond joints and produces a stronger, stiffer and more stable back end.
Ride Quality: Start looking for a coffee shop a lot farther from home: This bike is ready for anything you – or the pavé – can throw at it. Our signature slender seatstays offer class-leading compliance, disc technology delivers responsive braking and modulation, and the secure, sure-footed handling and will keep you in the saddle for hours you won’t even notice flying by.
Featuring an Ultegra build from the chain to the 6800 front and rear derailleurs, the R3 Disc offers a spec package that delivers durable, premium performance.
- Fork: Cervélo All-carbon, Tapered R3 Fork For Disc Brake
- Seatpost: FSA SLK
- Handlebar: FSA Energy Compact
- Stem: FSA SLK
- Rear Derailleur: Ultegra 6800, 11 Spd
- Front Derailleur: Ultegra 6800, 11 Spd
- Shifters: SR-R685
- Brake Calipers: BR-RS805
- Brake Rotor: RR99 140mm
- Cassette: Ultegra 6800, 11 Spd, 11-25
- Chain: Ultegra 11 Spd
- Crankset: FSA SLK 52x36
- Saddle: fi’zi:k Antares VS
- Wheels: HED Ardennes Plus GP Disc
- Tires: Continental Grand Sport Race 700x25c
- Headset: FSA IS2 1-1/8 X 1-3/8”
- Bottom Bracket: FSA PF30
- Future-proof cable management: Ensures your frame is compatible with all current and future derailleur and brake systems.
- Carbon dropouts: Tough, compression-molded dropouts save weight with no sacrifice in strength compared to traditional metal dropouts.
- Evolved steerer design: The fork steerer’s diameter has a noticeable effect on a bike’s handling. evolved steerer design applies the diameters and taper designs that best suit each model.
- Reduced-friction BB guide: Significantly reduces cable friction in the bottom bracket, which means smoother shifting, easier setup and longer service intervals.
- Squoval: This library of tube shapes allows cervelo engineers to “dial in” the weight-saving, aero, stiffness and compliance properties that best suit specific areas of a frame.
- Be the first to review this product