Rider confidence can’t be measured in a laboratory or wind tunnel. Cervélo is renowned for its engineering-driven approach to building the world’s fastest and lightest road, track, triathlon and time-trial bicycles, but the success of the C5 won’t be measured in WorldTour victories or Olympic gold medals. Rather, our engineering team used its profound understanding of pro athletes’ bicycle requirements to skillfully balance performance with ride quality.
Weight: A single-piece rear triangle and wide seatstays boost back-end and bottom-bracket stiffness, allowing weight reduction to be the focus of the carbon-fibre layup elsewhere across the C5 frame. The result: At 850 grams with paint and all small parts, the C5 is the lightest endurance road frame on the market today.
Ride Quality: Two proprietary features perfectly compliment the C5’s damped ride effect: An American-manufactured all-carbon fork — a product of Cervélo’s pioneering Project California team — which skillfully balances lateral stiffness with comforting vertical compliance; and unique curved seatstays, which were engineered to provide a high vertical deflection.
Usability: Longer chainstays add trail-balance handling at the front end and boost tire clearance to 28mm, providing room for a standard fender and fender mount. A downtube rock guard and chainstay protector help prevent potential damage on mixed surfaces, while through-axles, flat-mount calipers and Future-Proof internal cable routing deliver smooth shifting every time.
- Fork: Cervélo All-Carbon, Tapered C5 Fork for Disc
- Headset: FSA IS2 1-1/8 x 1-1/2"
- Seatpost: FSA K-Force for Di2
- Shifters: Shimano Di2 ST-R785 11 spd
- Rear Derailleur: Shimano Dura-Ace Di2 9070, 11 spd
- Front Derailleur: Shimano Dura-Ace Di2 9070, 11 spd
- Brake Calipers: Shimano BR-RS805 Hydraulic Disc
- Crankset: Rotor 3D+ BBright, 50/34
- Bottom Bracket: ROTOR PF30
- Handlebar: FSA K-Force Compact
- Stem: FSA OS-99 CSI
- Saddle: fi’zi:k Antares VS
- Cassette: Shimano Dura-Ace 9000, 11 spd, 11-28
- Chain: Shimano HG900, 11 spd
- Wheels: HED Ardennes PLus LT DIsc
- Tires: Continental Grand Prix 180 tpi, 700x28c
- BBright: This asymmetrical 79mm bottom-bracket standard yields stiffer and lighter frames and crank systems.
- Future-proof cable management: Ensures your frame is compatible with all current and future derailleur and brake systems.
- Carbon dropouts: Tough, compression-molded dropouts save weight with no sacrifice in strength compared to traditional metal dropouts.
- Evolved steerer design: The fork steerer’s diameter has a noticeable effect on a bike’s handling. evolved steerer design applies the diameters and taper designs that best suit each model.
- Reduced-friction BB guide: Significantly reduces cable friction in the bottom bracket, which means smoother shifting, easier setup and longer service intervals.
- Squoval: This library of tube shapes allows cervelo engineers to “dial in” the weight-saving, aero, stiffness and compliance properties that best suit specific areas of a frame.
- Be the first to review this product