The C3’s innovative endurance fit is ideal for long, confidence-boosting rides. Increasing fork and stack length allows for a more upright riding position and a decrease in stand-over height. Confidence is also about controlling speed, which is why the C3 incorporates the latest disc-brake technologies, such as the flat-mount standard and through-axles, to enhance safety, drive-train alignment and performance.
A single-piece rear triangle and wide curved seatstays boost back-end and bottom-bracket stiffness, while through-axles improve lateral stiffness in the disc-specific fork. This bike is stiff where it needs to be, but also comfortingly compliant for those long days in the saddle.
Longer chainstays add trail-balance handling at the front end and boost tire clearance to 28mm, providing room for a standard fender and mount. A downtube rock guard and chainstay protector help prevent potential damage on mixed surfaces, while future-proof internal cable routing delivers smooth shifting every time.
Fork: Cervélo All-Carbon, Tapered C3 Fork for Disc
- Headset: FSA IS2 1-1/8 x 1-1/2"
- Seatpost: FSA SLK
- Shifters: Shimano ST-R685 11 spd
- Rear Derailleur: Shimano Ultegra 6800, 11 spd
- Front Derailleur: Shimano Ultegra 6800, 11 spd
- Brake Calipers: Shimano BR-R805 Hydraulic Disc
- Brake Rotor: Shimano RT99 140mm
- Crankset: Rotor 3D30 BBright, 50/34
- Bottom Bracket: ROTOR PF30
- Handlebar: FSA Energy Compact
- Stem: FSA SLK
- Saddle: fi’zi:k Antares VS
- Cassette: Shimano Ultegra 6800, 11 spd, 11-28
- Chain: Shimano HG700, 11 spd
- Wheels: HED Ardennes Plus GP Disc
- Tires: Continental Grand Sport, 700x28c
- BBright: Cervelo developed BBright to take advantage of the fact that oversized frame tubes are stiffer and lighter. On the right side, frame tubes are already as wide as possible; any wider and they’d hit the chainrings. But on the left side there are no chainrings, so BBright makes use of this extra space by extending the BB shell by 11 millimetres, nearly doubling the width of the left chainstay.
- Future-proof cable management: Achieves compatibility across mechanical, electronic and hydraulic brake and derailleur systems. Future-Proof frames include interchangeable cable stops that snap into place and are easily swapped out by hand to accommodate upgrades. You can buy with confidence, knowing your bike is easily upgradable and can be enjoyed with the latest technology for years to come.
- Carbon dropouts: Seatstays and chainstays are bonded into hollow dropouts, instead of the other way around. Bonding these precision-moulded surfaces reduces weight, and gives the internal rear derailleur cable a straight shot through the chainstay and dropout, eliminating bends and cable friction.
- Evolved steerer design: A larger steerer diameter adds torsional stiffness with no weight penalty. A smaller steerer diameter is more compliant and can also be used to reduce headtube frontal area, and in turn, aerodynamic drag. How do we select which size to use? By defining performance goals — weight savings, aerodynamics, stiffness, ride quality and usability — at the start of the frame design process, Cervélo engineers choose the best steerer to complement these goals.
- Reduced-friction BB guide: The Reduced-Friction BB Guide maintains a consistent curve for each cable path by avoiding bends or kinks.
- Squoval: Square shapes resist bending the best, while round shapes are tops when it comes to torsion. Since different frame tubes see a variable mix of bending and torsional loads, a careful combination of these shapes can offer the best of both worlds. Enter Squoval, which combines the attributes of a square and an oval to achieve an ideal balance of stiffness, weight and aerodynamics.
*Picture is representative only. Specifications may vary.
- Be the first to review this product